2005 WR 450 Clutch Replacement: EBC?Tusk?Hinson?Stock?

4 replies to this topic
  • mgoodwin9

Posted March 31, 2015 - 09:50 AM

Clutch is starting to slip and I am looking for a replacement Clutch Kit.  Looking for advice on which brand to get.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 31, 2015 - 11:48 AM

Stock is very good

Hinson is better

EBC is better

Tusk is JUNK

Moose Racing is JUNK

Motosports.com kit is JUNK

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:06 PM

I am currently using a Hinson clutch pack in a 07. It's working very well with less drag in gear than the stock clutch. The springs were too hard so I'm running my old springs.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:21 PM

By the way, the Motion Pro T3 clutch cables make a very large reduction in clutch pull

• Slow and Jerky

Posted April 01, 2015 - 06:54 AM

I tried the Tusk and it grabbed fine, but the plates were junk and it would not disengage when it got hot, which made tight technical riding REALLY interesting. I ended up pulling them out after three months and going back to stock. In my experience Yamaha OEM is the best way to go on most things.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.