New to me. '06 wr450

4 replies to this topic
  • NolanL

Posted March 30, 2015 - 04:17 PM

New to the site, thumper, and dirt in general.
Picked up the 06 after selling an 07 Sv650.
This weekend I'm going to do a valve check and install a trail tech stator and the dash thing. Ha!
I'm sure I'll be chasing down odds and ends with this bike. Especially the bog off idle.
Anyone have an exhaust insert they don't need?
I'll provide beer if you're in the Arvada, CO area just to tell me I'm doing it wrong!

• still2smokin

Posted March 30, 2015 - 05:17 PM

A word of caution when removing the old stator , ......

The 3 bolts holding it in the casing on are secured with Loctite and not easy to get out .

I snapped 2 of the 3 bolts off , tried to drill them out myself and that didn't go well either......

$$ at a machine shop to fix my ooppsies .

Heat is your friend .........or so I am told .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NolanL

Posted March 30, 2015 - 06:17 PM

Oh boy. Just what I need.... A project in a project.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted March 30, 2015 - 09:24 PM

New to the site, thumper, and dirt in general.
Picked up the 06 after selling an 07 Sv650.
This weekend I'm going to do a valve check and install a trail tech stator and the dash thing. Ha!
I'm sure I'll be chasing down odds and ends with this bike. Especially the bog off idle.
Anyone have an exhaust insert they don't need?
I'll provide beer if you're in the Arvada, CO area just to tell me I'm doing it wrong!

Its a great bike.      You can fix that carb and make the bog go away.   I think it was the adjustable leak jet that fixed it for me.

• Damper

Posted January 07, 2016 - 12:30 AM

I'll second the locktite and hard to get out bolts.... I stripped the Allen bolts holding the coil in and now I'm off the the shop to have them removed before I go deeper and drill, I was thinking of wielding a few lots to the top of the stripped Allen bolts but though touch heat might stuff the casing ( I'm leaving this to the pros)

Stator is shot and earthing through to the frame so instead of replacing the original I'm going with the Trail Tech kit SR-8502

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.