Wr400

5 replies to this topic
  • KPhillips400

Posted March 30, 2015 - 01:07 PM

Guys I've got a wr 400 and I the cooling over flow tank/reservoir is empty... Should it be ?
Might sound abit stupid but I can't find anywhere in the manual that says it should or shouldn't. Thanks guys ?!

• Thommo_400f

Posted March 30, 2015 - 03:34 PM

Empty is ok.
It's there to catch the boil over from radiators. It then sucks back to radiators when they cool.

• offrd beatr

Posted March 30, 2015 - 07:26 PM

Best to keep a small amount in there. Let's you see changes in coolant level without taking the radiator cap off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ex400

Posted April 13, 2015 - 11:38 AM

There should be a level marking on the reservoir for Cool level and hot level. Riding in AZ I always make sure that at the start coolant is in the reservoir, bike over heated when we first got it. replaced reservoir lines and added water wetter,never had an issue since.

• bobpara

Posted April 14, 2015 - 11:15 AM

right, there should be a level marker approx 1/3 the way up

Wipe the thing off real good and have a look

• Thermos O flask

Posted April 16, 2015 - 03:24 AM

Take it off and save more than a kilo in weight!!

It's only there to stop coolant leaking onto the road.

YZ's don't have one and before anyone says you need a YZ radiator cap..you don't they are the same part number.

I took mine off my 2000 WR back in 2000 and never had an issue, the coolant will self level a bit anyway.

My 2015 six days KTM300 doesn't even come with one.

Cheers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.