crank issues

1 reply to this topic
  • ranmx

Posted March 30, 2015 - 03:45 AM

Hi

my bike is a wr450 2005
the grove of the woodruff of the rotor assy (magneto) is wrecked, there an option to fill it but it's very expensive.
recently i bought a YFZ rotor assy (magneto) and it fits the WRF perfect and works with no problem.

what i want to know is if anybody ever tried to put a YFZ crank ( with out the rod, this one i will put a WRs )in a WR?
will it fit? the catalog numbers are very similar except one letter.

on ebay its impossible to find a complete and used crank for a WR, thats why im asking because there is alot of the YFZ parts.

thanks

Edited by ranmx, March 30, 2015 - 09:06 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 30, 2015 - 11:00 AM

Using a YFZ crank would require you to use a YFZ piston as well, and turn your 449cc engine into a 439cc. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.