2011 YZ450F problems. Please help!

2 replies to this topic
  • JLB98

Posted March 29, 2015 - 09:11 AM

My 2011 YZ450F has just started acting up and I have no idea what it could be. When it idles, it seems to be fine, when I rev it seems to be fine but when I put in 1st gear and give it a lot of gas, it'll fall on its face then pick back up and then fall on its face again. It also does the same in 2nd gear and 3rd gear. I haven't tried 4th or 5th yet but I assume it'll probably still do it. I changed the air filter once it started doing it but it still remains to do it. I don't think its bad gas because it idles and revs fine, but have no idea if it has anything to do with the fuel injection because if it did then it wouldn't idle and rev good. I'm confused, please help!

Edited by JLB98, March 29, 2015 - 09:48 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 29, 2015 - 10:40 AM

There have been issues with fuel filters (built into the pump assembly) becoming clogged, but that doesn't exactly fit with your problem.  You might be looking at a defective or improperly adjusted TPS position, or perhaps another sensor input out of range.  If you have access to a power tuner, you might start by interrogating the ECU for stored trouble codes.

• JLB98

Posted March 29, 2015 - 01:53 PM

Thanks man, I'll try everything you said. Like what's happening just makes no sense at all.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.