Throttle stop missing?

3 replies to this topic
  • BlueBeast400

Posted March 27, 2015 - 09:07 PM

I have my carb off for some general cleaning and new jets. I wanted to do the throttle stop mod, but it looks like it has been removed. I'm assuming it should be where that empty hole is, but would like some confirmation to make sure I'm looking at the right area. The manual is not very specific as to where the throttle stop is. If it is missing do I need one? The throttle snaps right back to the closed position after I have it fully open.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2662.jpg

• GuyGraham

Posted March 28, 2015 - 01:47 AM

Yes, that empty hole in the side is where it should be

there is a risk the throttle will jam open without it

Get one, or cut down a normal screw and reduce the end dia with a file or on a grinder

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueBeast400

Posted March 28, 2015 - 08:54 AM

Yes, that empty hole in the side is where it should be

there is a risk the throttle will jam open without it

Get one, or cut down a normal screw and reduce the end dia with a file or on a grinder

Thanks for the info. I assumed that was it but wanted to make sure. I found a screw that fits, but whats the point of reducing the end diameter. Will the throttle cable ends rub?

• GuyGraham

Posted March 29, 2015 - 01:22 AM

It wont fit up behind the pulley if the end dia isn't reduced

This is what they look like

http://www.thumperta...mods/?p=6781588

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.