Ceramic coated Thunder Alley



13 replies to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted February 11, 2002 - 04:58 PM

#1

I had my Thunder Alley ceramic coated, man it looks nice. Rode it for the first time since my collar bone incedent. Seemed a little cold blooded at first, ran really really crisp. Very pleased. Call Embee at 714-546-6907 ask for bruce or jeff. It looks like polished aluminum.

  • #1_Hit-man

Posted February 11, 2002 - 05:13 PM

#2

Originally posted by Shawn Mc:
I had my Thunder Alley ceramic coated, man it looks nice. Rode it for the first time since my collar bone incedent. Seemed a little cold blooded at first, ran really really crisp. Very pleased. Call Embee at 714-546-6907 ask for bruce or jeff. It looks like polished aluminum.

What was the cost? ~Hitman~

  • Shawn_Mc

Posted February 12, 2002 - 07:53 AM

#3

$110 bucks. They did the whole pipe. Header to reverse cone. Im really happy with. The other day I just stood there in the gargae lookin at it for a good 10-15 minutes. :)

  • Victor_Delgadillo

Posted February 12, 2002 - 11:06 AM

#4

Do you have some pix?

If so, send it to vdelgadillo@nld.bravo.net

  • flyinguitars

Posted February 12, 2002 - 11:09 AM

#5

If you have pics....post them here...please!
Mike

  • Shawn_Mc

Posted February 12, 2002 - 12:15 PM

#6

No pics, sorry spent the digital camera money on the pipe! Thats next though...

H-bomb Ya they did the end cap too. Actually, it does look a little like a pro circuit pipe now. At least a new pro circuit. Mine will stay clean and shiny ride after ride.

  • h_bomb

Posted February 12, 2002 - 12:48 PM

#7

Im taking mine to them Friday it will be done tuesday,Thanx for the info Shawn.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426Brent

Posted February 14, 2002 - 02:48 AM

#8

h bomb,
Did you have your stock header coated along with the TA? When they coated the TA, did they coat the whole thing or just the bare metal?

  • flyinguitars

Posted February 14, 2002 - 04:43 AM

#9

Guys,
What happens to the ceramic coating when the head pipe gets dinged? Does it chip off or does it flex and stay on the pipe? I dont think Ive ever really examined a ceramic coated part and Im interested in getting my exhaust done, but everytime I hear or read "ceramic coating" I cant help but think of a coating that looks like my coffee cup and envision the coating shattering off of my fancy exhaust at the first sign of roost. Please shed some light!
Thanks,
Mike

  • intothumpin

Posted February 14, 2002 - 07:33 AM

#10

I have been running a coated stock head pipe on my 250F for 5 months now. No chips or dings and the thing looks like new. The coating is very durable and we stand behind the product. Call us,Embee Perf. Coatings 714-546-6907 ask for Bruce or Jeff

Originally posted by flyinguitars:
Guys,
What happens to the ceramic coating when the head pipe gets dinged? Does it chip off or does it flex and stay on the pipe? I dont think Ive ever really examined a ceramic coated part and Im interested in getting my exhaust done, but everytime I hear or read "ceramic coating" I cant help but think of a coating that looks like my coffee cup and envision the coating shattering off of my fancy exhaust at the first sign of roost. Please shed some light!
Thanks,
Mike



  • intothumpin

Posted February 14, 2002 - 07:36 AM

#11

Shawn, bring your bike by the shop and we'll take some pics, then post them.
Bruce @ Embee Perf. Coatings

Originally posted by Shawn Mc:
No pics, sorry spent the digital camera money on the pipe! Thats next though...

H-bomb Ya they did the end cap too. Actually, it does look a little like a pro circuit pipe now. At least a new pro circuit. Mine will stay clean and shiny ride after ride.



  • h_bomb

Posted February 14, 2002 - 02:12 PM

#12

Shawn read your pms?

  • meangreen75

Posted February 14, 2002 - 10:27 PM

#13

Hey Intothumpin how about a Dr.D pipe or is it limited to Thunder alley.

  • intothumpin

Posted February 15, 2002 - 08:32 AM

#14

Originally posted by meangreen75:
Hey Intothumpin how about a Dr.D pipe or is it limited to Thunder alley.


WE CAN COAT ANY AFTERMARKET OR STOCK EXHAUST SYSTEM - STEEL, STAINLESS OR TITANIUM
www.embeeperformancecoatings.com sites still under contruction but has address & phone #'s





Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8


Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS


Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info


Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450


Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby


Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
 
x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.