wr400f carb - stripped float bowl threads

3 replies to this topic
  • BlueBeast400

Posted March 27, 2015 - 02:00 PM

Today I was re-jetting my carb and noticed one of the corner crews of the float bowl backed out way to easy. The screw is fine, but the threads on the carb side are stripped out. Should I just get a longer screw and and put a nut on the other side or drill and tap to a larger size? what would be best?

• JVP

Posted March 27, 2015 - 02:05 PM

If you can use a longer screw and use a bolt.  There is not a lot of room for error if you tap a bigger bolt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stainless601

Posted March 27, 2015 - 02:39 PM

I've got a carb off 2006 WR 450. Runs out strong, Boyesen quick shot acell pump, all cables ready to go, PM me if you need it.

• BlueBeast400

Posted March 27, 2015 - 02:41 PM

If you can use a longer screw and use a bolt.  There is not a lot of room for error if you tap a bigger bolt.

Ya, that's what I was thinking. If I drill a bigger hole and screw up the tap, then I'm really screwed!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.