Do I have the Power-up Kit?

3 replies to this topic
  • exaresix

Posted February 13, 2004 - 05:54 PM

I bought a real minty XR600 from an elderly gentleman who thought the bike was too heavy. I have ridden XR600s in baja before, but none seemed to have the power that this one does. It has a pretty generic looking FMF muffler. Is there an easy way to tell if this bike has the Power-up Kit option?

• Dutch

Posted February 14, 2004 - 07:33 AM

If your bike has stock gearing, put it in third gear, roll on the throttle.
If the front wheel comes up you have the kit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmhrc630

Posted February 14, 2004 - 02:42 PM

The only way to tell is if your barrel has "NH4" written on it. NH is Honda code for HRC products.

The other way is to ull the engine down...time...waste...just ride and have fun!!

• exaresix

Posted February 14, 2004 - 03:20 PM

Well, I guess I've just answered my own question. At the base of the cylinder on the right hand side, is stamped 591 cm3. Stock cc. Lovin' the power though!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.