98 WR400 Carb

7 replies to this topic
  • Kicker98

Posted March 25, 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hey everyone,

Could anyone with a 98 WR 400F post a picture of the carburetor, mainly the left side with the fuel,air tubes. I lost the picture I took prior to rebuilding it and can't find one online. Much appreciated.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 25, 2015 - 05:24 PM

Theres this new thing called google.....

https://www.google.c...dex.htm;500;342

• Kicker98

Posted March 26, 2015 - 12:52 PM

Theres this new thing called google.....

https://www.google.c...dex.htm;500;342

Thank you, but that is not the one I am looking for. I have googled for it for a long time and have actually came across that picture you posted months ago. I always google search first and if I can't find anything then I come here to ask.So thank you again but not the one I am looking for.

• 03yzf450-kuke

Posted March 26, 2015 - 05:28 PM

Does it really matter where you put each line? They're just breathers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thommo_400f

Posted March 27, 2015 - 01:50 AM

From manual

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427449771.354946.jpg

• Kicker98

Posted March 27, 2015 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the diagram. After searching through old deleted files I stumbled across a picture I took that I can probably use. Sorry for the stupid thread. Here is the picture I was looking for 

1375310756612.jpg

• Kicker98

Posted April 12, 2015 - 10:19 AM

So I re-jetted the carb and put the lines back the way they were prior to me working on it, and it still does not produce gas when the slider is opened. Any ideas as to why the carb is not producing anything when the throttle is opened/ slider opened?

Would really like to get this thing working again to ride, been too long.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 12, 2015 - 02:15 PM

So I re-jetted the carb and put the lines back the way they were prior to me working on it, and it still does not produce gas when the slider is opened. Any ideas as to why the carb is not producing anything when the throttle is opened/ slider opened?

Would really like to get this thing working again to ride, been too long.

Are you talking about the accelerator pump squirt ?

Have you serviced the accelerator pump system yet?

Diagphragm, passages, nozzle, all must be like new to work.

It's a slide or slide plate, not a slider.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.