Temp. Gauge

11 replies to this topic
  • gearbox

Posted February 13, 2004 - 04:39 PM

Is there any sort of tempurature gauge availble for the WR450? I've never seen or heard of one but I'm sure it's very possible. I imagine it to be on the rad cap or tapped into to hose going to the rad. Has anyone used one originally made for something else? or perhaps a universal?

• The_Blue_One

Posted February 13, 2004 - 04:57 PM

I was just reading mxa and they had a writeup on a stick on temp guage.I can look it up and post the info if your interested. :)

• sabin

Posted February 13, 2004 - 08:10 PM

It will be great if you can provide this info!

• Matt96xr6

Posted February 13, 2004 - 08:46 PM

Try these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEBWA:IT

• Wrench

Posted February 14, 2004 - 05:02 AM

You can buy them on the internet from McMaster-Carr for $14.00 to $15.00 for a pack of ten www.Mcmaster.com search for "Temperature Indicating labels" McMaster part number 59535k14 12.75 for 10

• Flynall

Posted February 14, 2004 - 05:33 AM

I am pretty sure that the aforementioned labels record the peak temperature and THEN STAY THAT WAY. In other words, if your bike runs up to 260f oil temp, a new label will show that temp, but it won't respond to the decrease in temp at all. It will just read 260, unless that temperature is exceeded. In that case it will record the new high temp.

RH

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted February 14, 2004 - 05:56 AM

They are just like the aquarium unit, but read a higher temperature. They will go up and down. There is obviously a degree of error to them.

• captain_S

Posted February 15, 2004 - 09:47 AM

Yeah have seen this type of temp indicator before,used on bearing housing`s,they are stuck on there so you can tell if they have been running to hot(or starting to run at hotter temp)why not go for a small electric type guage!

• Wrench

Posted February 15, 2004 - 01:33 PM

I ones I listed are reversible. We use the non reversible when we only want peak temp. We use these for testing different combinations. Accuracy is ±1.8° F

• PumpkinHumper

Posted February 15, 2004 - 04:02 PM

I was just reading mxa and they had a writeup on a stick on temp guage.I can look it up and post the info if your interested. :)

www.racetemp.com

I saw the same article. I e-mailed them $10.50 for a pack of three. I ordered them Sunday got them Thursday.

They are just a stick on label of sorts. They are not a one shot guage. The temp reading goes up and down with the bikes temp. havent used them yet. They are going on my new bike that I dont have yet.

They have 2 temp ranges. I ordered the higher of the 2 ranges. They sent me a 4th one free of the lower range. Said to try it on my shock body :D

• michaeltrundle

Posted February 15, 2004 - 07:30 PM

Have you guys looked into the temp guage that replaces your oil dipstick. Ive seen it mentioned here on thumpertalk before. Think its made by zipty from memory.Might be a bit more accurate than a stick on guage. :)

• Wrench

Posted February 16, 2004 - 01:51 AM

"I e-mailed them $10.50 for a pack of three" No sense in paying for racetemp advertising www.Mcmaster.com search for "Temperature Indicating labels" McMaster part number 59535k14 12.75 for 10

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.