choke on bike dies

6 replies to this topic
  • li54sa

Posted March 25, 2015 - 02:39 PM

Hi guys.last few days my wr doesnt like to start with choke.when its cold and i try to start it with choke the bike really doest start.if i don t use choke the bike starts on first kick.the carb is clean and i use the jets 6 months now with no such issues.if i start the bike and try to engage the choke button the bike bogs and finally died.the bike pulls really hard with no other issues.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 25, 2015 - 02:45 PM

If the bike starts, why are you engaging the choke?

Using the choke to start is not a requirement.........

• li54sa

Posted March 25, 2015 - 02:57 PM

i am just curious because its the first time that bike doing something like that.two days ago the bike was starting with choke with no issues....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JMundy

Posted March 25, 2015 - 03:43 PM

what has changed?  choke blocks air, increasing fuel let in.

Sounds like you already have a issue with air/fuel.  Dirty air filter?

• GuyGraham

Posted March 26, 2015 - 09:19 AM

what has changed?  choke blocks air, increasing fuel let in.

Sounds like you already have a issue with air/fuel.  Dirty air filter?

Not quite

On a car, yes the choke blokes off the air and hence more fuel is pulled into the engine

On a bike, pulling the choke on, results in extra fuel being delivered - there is no blockage of the carb venturi to block the air

Edited by GuyGraham, March 26, 2015 - 09:25 AM.

• JMundy

Posted March 26, 2015 - 09:42 AM

Ya after i wrote that i was thinking it wrong with blocking air.

thanks for clarification

• li54sa

Posted March 26, 2015 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for the info guys.i just turn in my fuel screw a half of a turn and the choke works fine now.....maybe i had my fuel screw to rich.the bike works fine now with no bog on choke.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.