hours

3 replies to this topic
  • eng208

Posted March 24, 2015 - 07:39 AM

I just bought an 03 and it is my first YZF. This obviously has very low hours on the bike and was advertised as less than 20. I also see others posting hour readings. Is there a Hobb's meter somewhere on the bike? Or is this just a guestimate of logged ride time?

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 24, 2015 - 07:58 AM

Unless they have installed an hour meter on the bike it is just a guess.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x_JT_x

Posted March 24, 2015 - 08:01 AM

Best way to tell? Engine sides and frame wear. If you post a few pictures I'm sure we could tell you if that's a realistic hour estimation.

• eng208

Posted March 25, 2015 - 06:01 AM

Let me hear it!

https://drive.google...MUk&usp=sharing

Yes, the frame rails and engine cases, along with shift lever wear is what I go buy. The frame rails usually get rubbed through in the first couple of hours on new bikes I have bought in the past

Edited by eng208, March 25, 2015 - 06:06 AM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.