yamaha yz 450 f enduro from italy (need help)

3 replies to this topic
  • saverio550

Posted March 23, 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hi everybody, i come from the north of italy and i bought this fantastic bike! It's a 2013 yamaha 450 yz for enduro use (lights, license plate, etc) but i need to know some tips and tricks about enduro use of this motorcycle.

I have a yz power tuner too but i don't know about the choosable maps.

So, in this forum is there someone who can help me with some informations and tricks to make more enduro-addict this bike?

Here you are and see you soon

• filterx

Posted March 23, 2015 - 03:47 PM

Nice looking bike and interesting that you went Japanese considering some of the cool looking bikes like Fantic coming out of Italy and over all other European makers.

This will most likely get moved to the Yamaha specific forum where you may get info on mappings.

Otherwise for my cfr250R I added a 11oz flywheel, 13t/51T gearing, getting the suspension correct and going through lots of different rear tire options

Edited by filterx, March 23, 2015 - 04:02 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2015 - 07:31 PM

Look in the index, specifically, this forum index: http://www.thumperta...3-yz-400426450/

At the top, there are "pinned" (locked in place) topics.  EFI maps are listed, and there is an index to lots of tech stuff in "Common Threads". 

In the rest of the index, there are 2 or 3 running threads on modifying the YZ450 for "woods" riding.  We call it enduro, too, but "woods", as in the forest, is the term more often used.  "Hare Scrambles" is another type of off-road racing done in the U.S., so you can search topics regarding that term and YZ450, too.

For example: http://www.thumperta...ds-riding-a-yz/

• saverio550

Posted March 24, 2015 - 12:20 AM

Thank tou very much for your answers! they will  make me more "woods riding addict"!

See you soon!

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.