Black top

4 replies to this topic
  • bigl

Posted March 23, 2015 - 10:07 AM

I just cannot get used to riding on tar with my 05 WR.  Being mechanically 'sensitive' I feel I am torturing the bike.  Blasting through the bush I don't notice it :ride:

The gearing is stock and I don't want to change it, as it works great off-road.  Fifth gear gives a decent cruising speed without wringing the throttle, but the chain - replaced two weekends ago - seems to be slapping alot.  On high revs I don't notice it.  I fitted new guides and adjusted the chain in the middle of the spec.

Is this something to live with?  I had considdered DS'ing the bike, but cannot see myself doing a trip with the chain shaving away at my swingarm.

You guys that DS regularly, do you notice it?

• JVP

Posted March 23, 2015 - 10:25 AM

WR450 are not the best bikes on the street.  Lots of vibrations due the bikes mechanics.  The TPS causes the engine to oscillate during a constant throttle position.  Balance your tires and get a steering stabilizer and things will get better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 23, 2015 - 05:02 PM

Silicone mount the swingarm rub strip then bolt it back down.

Align your rear wheel using a motion pro or similar chain site, or using a measuring tape. The chain blocks aren't always accurate

Re pack your muffler.

...and use earplugs....

• stevethe

Posted March 23, 2015 - 06:25 PM

I ride a street Supermoto and dirt street WR450's don't notice a thing. Love em.

• bigl

Posted March 23, 2015 - 08:22 PM

Silicone mount the swingarm rub strip then bolt it back down.

Align your rear wheel using a motion pro or similar chain site, or using a measuring tape. The chain blocks aren't always accurate

Re pack your muffler.

...and use earplugs....

Yip, earplugs work ;)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.