Bent head pipe

2 replies to this topic
  • Hurricane

Posted May 07, 2001 - 05:27 AM

I looped out riding a wheelie and my 98' WR400 fell and bent the header pipe up towards the handle bars :). I didn't even notice it was bent until after I was done riding and was going to change my oil and noticed that I don't have to remove my header to get to my oil filter. Will this hurt anything? I didn't notice any loss of power. If so, does anyone have a stock header that they would be willing to part with?

Hurricane

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aftershock

Posted May 07, 2001 - 02:26 PM

Hurricane, Thats a good question. I removed my oil filter the other day and didn't have to loosen the pipe like I used to. After reading your post I looked at the header and sure enough the the pipe was bent right at the crease :) . The bike still runs great with no loss of power, I now have a custom header :D . Doug

• Hurricane

Posted May 08, 2001 - 04:08 AM

Aftershock,

That is exactly where my header has a bend in it. I guess it will be ok since either of are experiencing any loss of power. I'll let you know if I do.

Hurricane

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.