09 wr450 part identification help

4 replies to this topic
  • JustG

Posted March 18, 2015 - 03:54 PM

Anyone have a name or part number for these plastic rings? THANK YOU

x6hbv6.jpg

Edited by JustG, March 18, 2015 - 03:55 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 18, 2015 - 06:04 PM

Those are Doo-hickees.

Yamaha no longer sells those parts, according to their parts fiche

Contact KYB

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumpMe

Posted March 21, 2015 - 01:50 PM

I thought KLR's were the ONLY bikes to use Doohickeys!

I am not even sure what those are? Some kind of fork sliders for the lower fork guards? Why the metal inset into them?

I built something similar to those that I put onto my '03 fork lowers  back when I installed CF fork protectors. Built them out of Nylatron (which is a black plastic material) so they would match the fork guards. Split them so they can be installed/replaced  without taking fork apart. They sit in that same groove where the old fork protector guides bolted/clamped in. 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 21, 2015 - 05:29 PM

http://www.suspensio...order=ascending

• ThumpMe

Posted March 23, 2015 - 09:26 AM

http://www.suspensio...order=ascending

Kah Ran Nee,

I looked through that list of parts you linked to but the part in his photo is located on the outside of the outer fork tube. I do not see a listing for that part in that link.

I did search around some in an effort to find somebody who manufactured a similar replacement part back when I needed them but failed miserably....that was why I ended up building my own. I have noticed the ones I built ARE wearing from the action of the fork. Fortunately they can be turned on the fork a little about every 5-6 rides to get the wear in a different spot. I guess that is why the ones in the picture have that metal insert?

I did check Rocky Mountain though and you are correct....they no longer make that part!

Edited by ThumpMe, March 23, 2015 - 10:26 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.