Fork oil

3 replies to this topic
  • DJAY18

Posted March 17, 2015 - 02:22 PM

Ok, so I had oil running down my forks when I bought my bike which I thought automatically I had a bad fork seal.. but I bought a seal mate and cleaned the dirt out from the seals and they're no longer leaking so what I wanna know is should I add oil now? because I'm not sure how much came out of the fork seeing as I bought the bike like that and how do I go about adding oil without taking the fork apart?!

• torkd14

Posted March 17, 2015 - 03:47 PM

Either ride the bike without knowing if there is much oil left or do a quick change. Only takes 10 minutes to empty and refill the bottom fork tubes.

I wouldn't add any because you won't know how much leaked. You can measure the level but if you've gone that far may as well get fresh stuff In there. It's always best to do the inner chamber at the same time but not the end of the world if you don't.

Edited by torkd14, March 17, 2015 - 03:48 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DJAY18

Posted March 17, 2015 - 03:54 PM

Ok, I've never done it before so it will prob take me a little longer than 10 min but I'll give it a shot lol thanks man!

• torkd14

Posted March 17, 2015 - 06:00 PM

Ok, I've never done it before so it will prob take me a little longer than 10 min but I'll give it a shot lol thanks man!

The owners manual is super handy use it like a bible lol

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.