Do they still race at Clarks Branch?

13 replies to this topic
  • fastmike926

Posted February 12, 2004 - 06:20 PM

I have heard rumors that Clarks Branch Was not open any more for MX? Anyone else heard this?

• racinace

Posted February 12, 2004 - 09:22 PM

No more MX. They put on two races per year now. Basically on the same weekend in October. 10-23 & 10-24 this year 2004. GP on Saturday and at CC on Sunday.
Hope this helps.
Ace

• fastmike926

Posted February 13, 2004 - 06:27 AM

Thanks Ace, thats too bad. I really liked the track.

• just_want_to_ride

Posted February 17, 2004 - 06:29 PM

Wow I grew up racing that track. Sad to hear :) You used to be able to ride there anytime with a small donation. I guess those days are over. Where do you so Oregon guys race now?

• dirtstiff

Posted February 17, 2004 - 06:39 PM

If I'm thinking about the same Clark's Branch south of Roseburg... I went through there today and the new Douglas Co. Arena is holding motorcycle races this weekend ( 2-21 ).I saw the add on their message sign going by.

• racinace

Posted February 17, 2004 - 08:44 PM

Interesting.... that would be a mudfest for sure. I will give them a call and see what's up. I will post back here when I know something.

Ace

• Bluehorse

Posted February 17, 2004 - 09:37 PM

Hey dirtstif....whats with the MSN :D pop-up?
It follows you wherever you post!
Just thought I'd tell ya.
:)

• fastmike926

Posted February 19, 2004 - 02:44 PM

Looks like Rogue Valley MX park, and Sportsman Park in Klamath Falls has a 16 round high point series through the summer. Looks like I am going to be busy :)

• nwjohn

Posted February 19, 2004 - 05:24 PM

I pass by the fair grounds every day and there is indoor kart races , i never seen anything about mx races so far. As for clarks branch, what i understand is the Huffmans own this and Washugal mx park. years ago you went to the trailer and gave a small donation to Ralf to race around, When Ryan (there son) decided to go pro they bought Washugal mx park and now put most of there time in to it ( what a beautiful place ). I too wish that they would start again, my son is chomping at the bit to race!!!. hope this info helps . jw :)

• racinace

Posted February 19, 2004 - 09:14 PM

Left two messages over the last two days but have not got a return call.
Someone else also said they run a round for the Loretta Lynn qualifer there too. So that is at least two weekends per year.
Be nice to have somewhere like that to go and practice or maybe have a private TT event.
I'll keep looking into it to see what I can find out.
Ace

• racinace

Posted February 20, 2004 - 08:11 AM

Had a message waiting from Kelly when I returned to work this morning.
She stated: "The Clarks Branch Motocross Track is permently closed however we do open it for two events per year... Loretta Lynn Qualifer at the end of March,April, or beginning of May depending on the schedule, and for the Off Road Series in October. Watch the Washougal website for exact dates of the qualifer this year."

So there you have it straight from the Huffman family.
Hope this helps.

Ace

PS. Wonder if we could get in there for a TT ride??? :)

• fastmike926

Posted February 20, 2004 - 01:54 PM

The rumor, I heard about the closing is that they dropped their AMA sanction, and had a guy get hurt bad shortly there after and insurance killed them? I also think that Huffmans dont actually own the property, but lease it from another party. I have never confirmed that though. I would think that whoever does own the property let you ride their without accepting $$, A TT ride could probably fly. I do know that Ralph Huffman is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I met him at the Loretta Lynn's qualifier a few years ago, and talked to him for quite a while. He is passionate about motorcycle racing.

• Tracktor

Posted February 20, 2004 - 02:46 PM

That's a pisser. I always wanted to try that stepdown double. Oh well......................

• racinace

Posted February 20, 2004 - 07:09 PM

I always wanted to try that stepdown double

I believe that it is actually a tripple!!! :)
I have watched Damon Huffman do it a couple of times and he makes it look so easy!!! When I ride it in October (if they run the track the right direction) it is soooo intimidating!!!!!!!!! How the heck does he stop to make that right hand turn?
Anyway... I will investigate a TT ride at Clarks Branch!!
With the TT owners blessing of course.
Ace

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Washougal by portlandcsc

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  37 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Mt Clifty by Nuklhed

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Giffod Pinchot, What Happened? by mud_and_rocks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Just Moved to TriCities area, where to ride? by PopNrobb

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Reminder... by bowhunter007

• 4 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.