450 bog

4 replies to this topic
  • WilfulLemar20

Posted March 16, 2015 - 03:47 PM

I have a bog from closed to open throttle I have done the zip tie mod and have a quick adjust air fuel screw witch is out 2 3/4 turns out and also my bike is very hard to start when cold but starts very easy when it has been rode awhile

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2015 - 08:24 PM

So you actually sent your carb to Zip-Ty for their modification, or you used a zip-tie to do the "O-ring mod"?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WilfulLemar20

Posted March 17, 2015 - 02:07 AM

Used a zip tie to do the o ring mod should I take it back out as it does not seem to help with the bog in the least

• grayracer513

Posted March 17, 2015 - 06:32 AM

Yes.  If you didn't grind off the stop button on the accelerator pump diaphragm, using a zip-tie or wire will prevent you from reaching full throttle, for one thing.  For another, there's a question about how much it actually takes to invoke the bog.  The engine cannot be expected to tolerate an instantaneous snap from idle to full throttle without actually modifying the carburetor, and there's also no practical reason for it to do that.  The first question is whether it ever actually bogs while you ride it, and then, how much of that is caused by the way you work the throttle.  Learn to "roll" the throttle open as quickly as the engine will take it, just a little more gracefully.  The bike will respond quickly enough.

Having said that, you should not have to be especially cautious to avoid it stumbling, either.  Adjusting the pump timing, diaphragm stroke, pilot circuit, and selecting an alternate jet needle are the correct ways to tune the FCR for response. 

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 17, 2015 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for the help gray I will take the zip tie out tonight and see how it does

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.