2015 motor mounts

11 replies to this topic
  • Conner_Steezel

Posted March 16, 2015 - 03:33 PM

I have a 2014 yz 450 and I'm looking to get the 2015 motor mounts. I have read they help with handling and rigidity.
Are they really that noticeable?
Where can I buy them?

Input and pictures is appreciated

• haydug

Posted March 16, 2015 - 04:16 PM

Yes they are noticeable. I have 2 bikes setup the same and switched mine at the track so I could see for myself the difference. Any yamaha shop can get them.
I will also throw this out there. Have you played with different sag settings, fork height, adjusted your clickers? If not then I'm not sure you need the mounts.

• yzUSMCf

Posted March 19, 2015 - 08:03 AM

I bought mine from rocky Mountain atv through the oem parts diagram for 20 buck's. I notice a little better handling in corners it let's the frame flex a little more.

• GHILL28

Posted March 19, 2015 - 09:02 AM

I....THINK it was noticeable?  Seemed to be a little less dancy on choppy fast flat corners.  Such a miniscule change that an accidental 1psi difference in tire pressure could probably mask it.

• jcm3

Posted March 19, 2015 - 09:21 AM

I....THINK it was noticeable?  Seemed to be a little less dancy on choppy fast flat corners.  Such a miniscule change that an accidental 1psi difference in tire pressure could probably mask it.

Agreed.  I'm certainly not taking anything away from anyone, especially because I don't know them, but I'd be surprised if anyone short of a national-level rider could notice a difference that small.  I could be wrong, but very few would notice. 

Placebos can have significant impact, though.  If we feel that they help, and that helps our confidence, then great!  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  The mental game is super important in sports, especially in a sport like motocross where there is a big confidence factor and also some fear involved.

• GHILL28

Posted March 19, 2015 - 09:32 AM

I DO notice the flexy front triangle on my RM250 vs. aluminum framed YZ's though.  That difference is very evident in berms that you really push the front end into.  There's a very pronounced "snap" back once it flexes that pulls the front end through hard.

It's also just super comfy.  Very hard to get arm pump from the super high frequency vibrations that normally get passed through the aluminum frames.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jcm3

Posted March 19, 2015 - 09:40 AM

I DO notice the flexy front triangle on my RM250 vs. aluminum framed YZ's though.  That difference is very evident in berms that you really push the front end into.  There's a very pronounced "snap" back once it flexes that pulls the front end through hard.

It's also just super comfy.  Very hard to get arm pump from the super high frequency vibrations that normally get passed through the aluminum frames.

I'm probably not in tune enough to even feel that.  lol

• GHILL28

Posted March 19, 2015 - 09:44 AM

I didn't think I was either, but it is really that noticeable on the steel framed RM.

The difference is nowhere near as drastic with the '15 motor mounts if that is any indication.

• Conner_Steezel

Posted March 19, 2015 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the input guys! If there are only about 20 bucks I will get them and see for myself

• jcm3

Posted May 01, 2015 - 08:19 AM

Is it just the lowers that are different?  The uppers show the same part number for the '14 and '15.

https://www.yamahapa...EL_-_2014/FRAME

• flapwick

Posted May 01, 2015 - 10:28 PM

Yes,just the lowers.

• jcm3

Posted May 04, 2015 - 12:35 PM

Yes,just the lowers.

Cool, thank you.  :thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.