YZ450F mystery part?!

7 replies to this topic
  • rcvxl14

Posted March 14, 2015 - 07:27 AM

I'm finishing up the top end on my '09 YZ450F and I can't for the life of me figure out where this little spring goes. I searched parts schematics and the service manual with no luck. Anybody have a clue what it is, and/or where it goes? I think I remember pulling it out of the head or jug somewhere but it was so long ago I can't remember.

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1426346704.826441.jpg

• cjjeepercreeper

Posted March 14, 2015 - 07:29 AM

Does that bike have an auto compression release?  If so, it looks like it could be a part of that, there is a spring in there in the head for that function.

• rcvxl14

Posted March 14, 2015 - 07:42 AM

The decompression mechanism is on the exhaust cam, so I don't think that's it. Thanks for the quick reply though.

• torkd14

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:39 AM

Timing chain tensioner maybe?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rcvxl14

Posted March 14, 2015 - 10:55 AM

Nope, not that.

• kurtcrf450

Posted March 14, 2015 - 11:06 AM

Post in the yz450 forum and grayracer will probably know right away

• billygildark5007

Posted March 14, 2015 - 01:34 PM

Plunger assembly from hot start cable?

• rcvxl14

Posted March 14, 2015 - 01:50 PM

Well i just solved the problem haha. It turns out it was the internal spring off of a female air hose end, and it somehow got tossed in my parts box! Makes feel pretty stupid haha, but thanks for the replies!

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.