Air box mod and grey wire

3 replies to this topic
  • luksdad

Posted February 12, 2004 - 02:37 PM

sorry to be redundant but:

Can I have the picture of the grey wire again and can some one get into a little more more detail about opening up the airbox?

many thanks

Dave P

btw ....key failed at 3.3 miles.....has run like a raped ape ever since. :D :)

• tcmII

Posted February 12, 2004 - 03:24 PM

Take a look at the "(grey wire) location" post under WR. There is a very good picture there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted February 12, 2004 - 04:33 PM

ditto on the "....location" thread on the next "page". the air box is a little work. the battery takes up a lot of space so you have to be creative. it's also a lot of work just to get the top out of the frame. that much more to get the whole box out. your choice. the seat sits very close to the top lip of the opening. cut that off. cut out the hole outline on the left side panel. i put screen on the inside of mine to keep people from using it as a hand hold. from there check out the air box mod at www.wr450.com (don't cut the web out of the inlet). that's the "indy air box" mod. be careful when you wash your bike, you'll fill up the air box with water.

• 5spoke

Posted February 12, 2004 - 06:30 PM

Pull the snorkle out and ride the bike with and without the side cover. See if you notice a difference, if not put side cover back and your done. If you do notice a difference, go to step 2,3,4 etc.

I didn't feel a difference, maybe cause I'm at a low alt :).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.