Need help asap

13 replies to this topic
  • WilfulLemar20

Posted March 11, 2015 - 12:47 PM

What is this and what should be there it is on the right side of the head right above the header

Attached Thumbnails

• 1426106797954.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted March 11, 2015 - 01:36 PM

That's an exceptionally poor picture, and you didn't identify the bike it's on.

However, I have referred your question to my able assistant from Kashmir, who has utilized his advanced powers of divination to get to the bottom of the matter.

He says, "It's a hole."

Details: http://www.thumperta...s/#entry1246657

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 11, 2015 - 02:19 PM

Sorry my phone don't fit well between the head and radiator the hole is in the front of the motor there is a bolt that looks like it would hold something like a blow by plug

• grayracer513

Posted March 11, 2015 - 03:02 PM

Did you read the link I posted or not?

• ThumpMe

Posted March 12, 2015 - 05:57 AM

That's an exceptionally poor picture, and you didn't identify the bike it's on.

However, I have referred your question to my able assistant from Kashmir, who has utilized his advanced powers of divination to get to the bottom of the matter.

He says, "It's a hole."

Details: http://www.thumperta...s/#entry1246657

Now THAT was funny............ AND helpful at the same time!

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 12, 2015 - 06:39 AM

Yes thank you for your help grey racer you nailed what I was trying to explain lol what could I put in there to plug the hole?

• grayracer513

Posted March 12, 2015 - 06:47 AM

The post I put up tells you that, too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WilfulLemar20

Posted March 12, 2015 - 07:13 PM

well i ordered a new plug $13 :jawdrop:  will be here in a week but my problem is now that a put a temporary plug into it and now i can not get my bike to start kicked it for 20 mins with only a few backfires :thumbsdn: ...I had put to much oil into it and i think that is what made the decompression plug come out but i could not find it any where as the bike only idealed to warm up and when i gave it some throttle to take off oil hit the header...could that have maybe caused more damage then just popping the plug from what i have read others have added to much oil and only have it come out of the breather....i just want to get out and actually ride this thing have had it a month now and only got to ride  a mile on road :cry: bike does not smoke or leak any fluids, p.s. I did start the bike without the plug briefly until i identified the hole all help is greatly appreciated i wouldn't be this far had it not been for the forum 

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 15, 2015 - 04:12 PM

Found out I just flooded it!!! Have a new spark plug and exhaust gasket coming Tuesday, I rode it the other day for the first time and so far I love the bike have not been able to get it in the woods yet but handled awesome on ice cover road considering how bad it was spinning lol

• ThumpMe

Posted March 17, 2015 - 07:05 AM

I am pretty sure if you over filled it with oil that is what blew out your plug.

If overfilled with oil motors sometimes can blow out a base gasket which is a PIA to replace...........well MUCH harder than just replacing that plug!  

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 17, 2015 - 07:13 AM

Yeah fortunately i did turns out the plug was never there in the first place so would have never know if I wouldn't have over filled it with oil

• grayracer513

Posted March 17, 2015 - 08:03 AM

You would have known whether you overfilled or not.  The most common reason the plugs get blown out is that the crankcase breather tube gets pinched when one of the metal clips holding it to the frame gets smashed.  They were replaced by flexible rubber ring clips on the '06 model.

Overfilling with oil usually won't cause it.

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the advice gray I only noticed the plug was missing when oil came out of the hole and hit the header I thought it blew a headgasket to be honest but oil did also come out of the breather hose

• grayracer513

Posted March 17, 2015 - 01:44 PM

That bore leads directly to the right side exhaust valve lifter.  There would always be oil there, and always be a crankcase pulse to blow it onto the exhaust.   Some oil from the breather is normal.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.