2014 YZ450f Tips

10 replies to this topic
  • Conner_Steezel

Posted March 10, 2015 - 08:18 PM

Hey there just bought myself a 2014 yz 450 and I LOVE the bike! I have about 15-20 hours on it at the track and desert. I was just wondering if there are any basic or simple things I can do to the bike to make it that much better.

I have read about the stock mapping being a little lean but don't have a GYTR device to change mapping.

Also head about putting the 2015 motor mounts on to help handling.

Well I'm just a curious kid so help me out if you have any ideas!
Thanks for reading!

Here's a picture of the bike as it is now
ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1426047484.410849.jpg

• Tiago

Posted March 11, 2015 - 02:50 AM

The mods that i like most from my bike is the 270mm front brake rotor that provides massive power brake with very low finger effort and magura clutch kit for a super smooth and consistent lever pull. This two parts from a stock bike is the only handicap compared to KTM or others European brands.

Edited by Tiago, March 11, 2015 - 02:51 AM.

• YamaLink

Posted March 11, 2015 - 05:41 AM

The most basic is being properly sprung for your weight and setting sag. As stated a KtM clutch would make it ideal, but since most don't go that route another basic mod is an airprofork.com

• GHILL28

Posted March 11, 2015 - 07:27 AM

How do those work exactly?  They let air out super slowly as you ride?  What about reverse flow?

• Conner_Steezel

Posted March 11, 2015 - 04:09 PM

The mods that i like most from my bike is the 270mm front brake rotor that provides massive power brake with very low finger effort and magura clutch kit for a super smooth and consistent lever pull. This two parts from a stock bike is the only handicap compared to KTM or others European brands.

What brand front brake rotor did you go with?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tiago

Posted March 11, 2015 - 05:50 PM

Galfer tsunami

• boegey

Posted March 11, 2015 - 06:00 PM

How did you go about powder coating the rims and hubs did you pull the wheel apart?

• Conner_Steezel

Posted March 11, 2015 - 06:21 PM

How did you go about powder coating the rims and hubs did you pull the wheel apart?

Yea I pulled it off the bike, took all the spokes off, and took the wheel bearings out of the hubs.

Be careful when taking the stock spokes off! They tend to strip easy then you have to buy all new spokes

• Conner_Steezel

Posted March 11, 2015 - 06:24 PM

Galfer tsunami

Do you know anything about the galfer skw oversized kit? It's a lot cheaper. Wondering if it's still good

• Monk

Posted March 11, 2015 - 06:27 PM

Anything from Galfer is going to be excellent...

• Tiago

Posted March 12, 2015 - 01:28 AM

Do you know anything about the galfer skw oversized kit? It's a lot cheaper. Wondering if it's still good

I believe that Galfer is the best that money can buy so you can't go wrong with them. It is what KTM bikes have it from factory and powerparts. I wanted the Tsunami lightweight version but it was out of stock. So i went with the normal version.

If you look at the GYTR catalog, their oversize has the same design than the tsunami. I bet that is Galfer who made it for Yamaha to sell it under their GYTR brand.

Edited by Tiago, March 12, 2015 - 01:38 AM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.