yz450f dies when twisting throttle open

4 replies to this topic
  • miqua343

Posted March 09, 2015 - 06:54 PM

So fresh rebuild on motor. After warmed up, when u open up throttle the motor dies or pops and dies. Starts right back up. Cams set correct as well as timing. Havent changed anything from original set up. Seems like its responsive when cold but when warm it wont respond. Any suggestions? Thanks

• FastRC45

Posted March 09, 2015 - 09:26 PM

Do you have an aftermarket fuel screw? I recently had a similar problem only to find out that after taking the carb off a couple times without fishing out the fuel screw o-ring, the last time the fuel screw went back in it neatly sliced the o-ring... And if the carb is off to check that, check that the accelerator pump is squirting too... Any carb cleaner gets in there and black rubber goo can subsequently be found in all sorts of random places.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • miqua343

Posted March 10, 2015 - 02:01 AM

Do you have an aftermarket fuel screw? I recently had a similar problem only to find out that after taking the carb off a couple times without fishing out the fuel screw o-ring, the last time the fuel screw went back in it neatly sliced the o-ring... And if the carb is off to check that, check that the accelerator pump is squirting too... Any carb cleaner gets in there and black rubber goo can subsequently be found in all sorts of random places.

• miqua343

Posted March 10, 2015 - 02:04 AM

yes I do have an aftermarket fuel screw. I'll make sure that there is nothing is wrong with that. the last time I looked and appeared like the accelerator pump is working but I will double check that as well. Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted March 10, 2015 - 07:09 AM

Your pilot jet is likely plugged or partially plugged with dried fuel varnish.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.