rebound adjuster

1 reply to this topic
  • txthumper

Posted February 10, 2002 - 05:35 AM

yesterday i changed my fork oil...and just doin routine maintenance and when i got through i checked the clicker setting on fork and shock..well on 1 fork the rebound clicker screwed in way further than usual...and if you screw it all the way in, then start turning out, it will go about 7 clicks before you actually feel the detent....yall ever run across this...ive had several yamahas, and never had the problem..not sure if maybe the adjuster might be bad??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DaveJ

Posted February 10, 2002 - 10:43 PM

You have to make sure that the cap makes full contact with the compression rod before you run the jam nut up against it.

So, back out the rebound screw, screw the cap onto the rod until it snugs up against the rod, making sure that it is not touching the jam nut, then run the jam nut up against the cap.

If that doesn't do it, let me know.

DaveJ

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.