Battery Question on 04

4 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted February 12, 2004 - 07:01 AM

I took my Wr in for fork seal fix and a few other items. Anyways I gog it back and the battery is dead. It is only 2 months old. I think Yamaha left the ignition on. Anyways do I need new one or will it charge?

• blueridgehb

Posted February 12, 2004 - 07:07 AM

just trickle charge it and it will be ok my 2003 model went dead on me serval times :) i put a permant connector on the battery and ran the wires out under the seat . i use a 1 amp charger so if the bike sets for a week or 2 i will charge it over night . you can pick one of these chargers up at any auto parts store or walmart cost around 20 bucks but well worth it .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sjwr450

Posted February 12, 2004 - 07:55 AM

Stupid me.

• 5spoke

Posted February 12, 2004 - 08:49 AM

You could kick start it and take it for a hour+ ride. That should get it back up to charge. If you can, sw off/disconnect the lights and it will charge faster.

• SBK

Posted February 12, 2004 - 10:40 AM

Is the stock WR battery a Yuasa YTZ7S? Just curious, this is what my bike has in it. Great little battery, BTW - I use this same tiny gel-cell in my streetbikes, believe it or not!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.