Bearings (sealed)

5 replies to this topic
  • #1_Hit-man

Posted February 09, 2002 - 09:06 PM

Anyone know where to get the best sealed wheel bearings at? THANX! in advance ~Hitman~

• Boit

Posted February 10, 2002 - 08:56 PM

I'm not sure if they are still in business, but there was/is a company called CBR that used to sell sealed bearings as an upgrade over certain OEM bearings. They used to advertise in the classifieds in M/X Action and other magazines. I have no idea if they are the "best" or even if they sold quality bearings. If you are willing to do some research, you should be able to track down what you want by having the exact dimensions of the bearings you would like to replace. I'm talking about diving into the industrial sector and trade magazines.

• MX_Tuner

Posted February 11, 2002 - 02:12 AM

I had a guy bring me a set of the CBR wheel bearings. I was NOT impressed with the quality. The new bearings had a substantial amount of play in them before I even installed them in the hub. I'll either try a local bearing shop or OEM and repack them with good grease before installing them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • #1_Hit-man

Posted February 11, 2002 - 07:57 AM

Has anyone tried Pivot Works bearings? Looks like $55 for both front and rear Wheel bearings and seals. Does'nt sound to bad, anyone try them? Any feedback would be helpful, THANX! :) ~Hitman~

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: #1 Hit-man ]

• scottzx7rr

Posted February 12, 2002 - 03:09 PM

For Suspension and Swing Arm bearings they are really good. I have used them on my KX's and YZ-F's with good sucess.

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 12, 2002 - 06:29 PM

Originally posted by scottzx7rr:
For Suspension and Swing Arm bearings they are really good. I have used them on my KX's and YZ-F's with good sucess.

Scott, Thanks for the reply, I've gotten some feedback from others with nothing bad said. So guess I will try them out. THANX! ~Hitman~

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.