Australian ThumperTalk Convention
Posted May 06, 2001 - 06:36 PM
The riding location os called Gormandale in Victoria. Directions will follow once interest has been established. This is a very sacred Dirt Bike Mecha. It makes Moab look like a cactus in the desert.. All participants must wear blind folds when entering and leaving. The type of riding that will be covered includes:
- Part of the 6 day ISDE course
- Massive Hill Climbs: Including Hamburger Hill, Mini Widow Maker and the Drag Strip
- The ultimate Sand pit for the children in all of us.
- 30km of whoops
- Pine forest section for those of us who like a like a tooth pic or two, or three...
- AND, lots of MUD...
The do's and dont's
- International guests: Free alcohol (beer), T-shirt and fuel
- Women allowed if they can cook or ride
- 125cc bikes not welcome unless willing to provide as sacrifice to the Big Bore Gods...
Green Bikes absolutely not allowed unless 500cc and up... (Just kidding)
- Circle work, wheelie, burn-out, Drag Contest and best Crash contest's. Winner of best crash receives a T-shirt and bragging rights.
- Night rides on the Friday and Saturday nights (if all behave, maybe ride into town)
Come along all. Let's make this the first of many rides that we will orcestrate in Australia. Lets show our American friends that we do it better down-under.
Send interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. All are welcome, so feel free to bring your friends.
PPS. Police welcome, if off-duty. We dont need no stinking badges...
Posted May 07, 2001 - 08:26 AM
So Mitch - you actually gonna be there this time
If you have only 1/2 as much fun as we did in Moab it will be illegal....
Posted May 08, 2001 - 02:33 AM
Posted May 14, 2001 - 03:29 AM
So much for the sea of blue (will blue paint cover yellow and green ok?)
Posted May 14, 2001 - 07:50 AM
I think we may need to get some special paint for those weenie yellow and orange bikes..
10, well done!!! I am impressed. Hell, maybe this will be big afterall.... Come on all you Aussie thumpers.. Lets get this happening!!!!
Splint, dont forget, my place this Friday night....
Posted May 14, 2001 - 10:13 PM
We'll have to confuse him now.
Hey Mitch, did you find out where the slot jocks hang out??
Posted May 26, 2001 - 11:27 PM
running for our lives off the road to avoid being hit by a EVO 3 rally car (just like those stupid European spectators),well no one told us there was a rally on! And our Mitchy faunacating with the fauna (even the wombats aren't safe in their burrows).
I think everyone had a great time, we even found some new tracks.Can't wait till June.