Factory Connection Suspension

5 replies to this topic
  • JDLowrance

Posted March 07, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Finally got out for a ride a couple of weeks ago with the FC Suspension. Been a \while since I've posted or ridden for that matter...damn work getting in the way of my extra curricular activities...Unacceptable!

Had FC revalve my suspension about 8 months ago, I also installed a Magura hydralic clutch at the same time, first putt was a couple of weeks ago and have to say money well spent on both fronts.

The clutch is truly a one finger effort now (not KTM light but close), just like front brake with the Braking 270mm front rotor and pads. I like ripping through the desert with just my index fingers on the contorls.

The suspension....FC nailed it. I had them try to sort my 09 WR450 but after three attempts I kind of gave up and just rode the thing. It was close but not perfect. On the 2012 WR I started with springs (before I even rode the bike) thinking that would be enough and to be honest, it worked pretty damn well until the seals and bushing broke in at which point I lost all of my artificial damping (stiction). Talked to FC and reminded them of the issues with the 09, they said they understood and had a better baseline for my weight and speed and we'd be starting with much better components on the 2012. They were correct. This thing floats over the chop, soaks up the big hits and rails the whoops with composure. This thing is an absolute joy to rip on now.

260lbs (without gear)

6.7kg/mm rear (104mm sag)

0.54kg.mm front (fork 5mm above top clamp)

Cheers

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 07, 2015 - 07:34 PM

6.7 rear ??!!??

I dont' remember you as being as 'girthy' as that !

I thought I won that contest....

• JDLowrance

Posted March 07, 2015 - 08:29 PM

Just can't get adequate sag with the 6.3 without winding it way up. I'm of the camp that more spring and less ls comp damping is better than less spring and more ls comp.

Bike is working great so cant complain. Headed out to Gorman for a few laps of the park if you're interested. Lane Ranch at 8:00am.

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 07, 2015 - 09:29 PM

Just can't get adequate sag with the 6.3 without winding it way up. I'm of the camp that more spring and less ls comp damping is better than less spring and more ls comp.

Bike is working great so cant complain. Headed out to Gorman for a few laps of the park if you're interested. Lane Ranch at 8:00am.

Cheers

Normally I would take you up on that, but alas I am sicky.

I agree more is less...or how ever you described it. 

I have .56/9.6 on my KTM, and it somehow works, even thought the forks flex like over-cooked speggetti....and .56/5.4 on my WR.

• JDLowrance

Posted March 07, 2015 - 09:32 PM

Get well soon....it's riding season!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 08, 2015 - 09:47 AM

Get well soon....it's riding season!

THANK YOU

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.