Need title help for Pennsylvania

4 replies to this topic
  • WilfulLemar20

Posted March 07, 2015 - 11:18 AM

I recently purchased a 04 yz450f and I had gotten a bill of sale when I purchased it I am wondering if anyone has ever gotten a title in pa with the DL-135 request for vehicle information form and help is appreciated I would like to build this into a street legal bike

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 13, 2015 - 01:10 AM

Okay from what I found out you first have to make the bike street legal and then take it to get an inspection and that would be how I could make my 450 street legal any help with this would be great

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 13, 2015 - 06:13 AM

To begin with, there is no practical way of running lights from the existing electrical system. 

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 13, 2015 - 10:08 AM

I know that I was going to get a new stator to power the lights but have been told you need flywheel whieght to compensate is this true

• grayracer513

Posted March 13, 2015 - 10:30 AM

No, it isn't.  The person who told you that was probably giving you info that pertains to the earlier YZ400F/YZ426F.  Those models can utilize the same year stator from the WR400/426, which will run lights, but require the use of the WR flywheel.

'03-'05 YZ450F models will not accept parts from any WR model without an extensive list of support parts from the WR, starting with the crankcases.  There are aftermarket stators avaialble that include lighting coils, but very few if any of them are reliable.  The original flywheel can be used with them.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.