Prox / Psychic Valve Expierence Anyone?

2 replies to this topic
  • thumper_calgary

Posted March 05, 2015 - 03:17 PM

I have to replace the intake valves on my 03 WR450. I am not going to go with Ti valves due to the cost but also becasue I want the longer life of SS valves. The bike is allready fast and I will happily trade some performance for long term opertaing cost.

Does anyone have any expierence with the Pro X or Psychic valve kits on Ebay? I know I have to change the springs and seals too. Has anyone installed them and is able to report on their reliability or life? I'm in Canada and we buy parts in US dollars up here. Right now the exchange rate works out to +25% price on everything so I want to keep the cost down. That said, you do get what you pay for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 05, 2015 - 03:33 PM

Chinese valves are a gamble. I will NEVER try them again.

OEM valves are not a gamble.

You should get 500+ hours with the stock valves, so they aren't really expensive.

You MUST re-cut the seats to match the new valves, so just get it done professionally.

• thumper_calgary

Posted March 05, 2015 - 08:32 PM

are they made in china?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.