Yz 426 2001

4 replies to this topic
  • Leeroy81

Posted March 01, 2015 - 10:11 PM

Can anyone help me I have a yz 426 and when I put it in fourth gear and give it sum the bike jolts back does this mean fourth gear is stuffed??

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2015 - 07:20 AM

Yes, 4th and third gears on the main shaft and the shift fork that moves third are damaged.  Should probably replace the 5th on the main shaft, too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Leeroy81

Posted March 04, 2015 - 12:14 AM

Ok thanks is that why I don't get much out of third two will only lift in seconds feels like it bogging down in 3rd, 5th feels fine. do u no how much it will cost me to redo all the gears in aussie dollars??

• Leeroy81

Posted March 09, 2015 - 10:45 PM

Are the gears expensive to get replaced? Cheers

• grayracer513

Posted March 10, 2015 - 07:08 AM

Not bad if you do the work yourself.  Big deal at a shop (have to split the cases)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.