Trailtech fan for wr450

42 replies to this topic
  • Derwud

Posted March 30, 2015 - 04:39 PM

No fans for 2011 and earlier WR's..

• Wounded Lobster

Posted April 01, 2015 - 01:29 PM

Awesome that trailtech are doing this.

However, I sent an email asking about a fan for my 04. He said it will not likely work with earlier models.

I don't mean to sound negative, but if we pre-2012 owners will still have to build our own mounting brackets for the Trailtech fan, it's probably going to be just as easy and maybe cheaper to buy a 4" SPAL puller fan like i've seen done in different threads on here.

• Bunjy

Posted April 02, 2015 - 11:06 AM

I sent in a request today and Brian said they are just waiting for a bike to fit and they are hoping to have something out this summer.

I wonder if the new wr250 fan wouldn't fit? anyone tried it yet?

• huero

Posted April 18, 2015 - 07:06 AM

I haven't heard anything else. Any one else have any updates

• Dave WR450

Posted April 19, 2015 - 10:41 PM

All,

You saw my post, here is the reply from Trail Tech on March 31, 2015

Sending them e-mails is working!

Hello David,

We are working on developing a fan kit for the 2011+ WR450’s.  Hopefully we will have something to offer sooner than later.  I will save your contact info and be sure to let you know when we have a kit available.    

As far as working with an IMS tank and Yamaha rad braces, I’m  not sure if these will work or not.  We generally do not design products to work with other aftermarket accessories.  We are focused on OEM fitment more than anything else.

Regards,

Brian DeHate | Sales & Tech Support 

brian@trailtech.net
P: (360) 687-4530 F: (360) 687-8164

Trail Tech, Inc.
1600 SE 18th Ave. 
Battle Ground, WA 98604
trailtech.net | 2015 Catalog

• ThumpMe

Posted April 21, 2015 - 09:21 AM

I installed a waterproof muffin type on my '03 and it works GREAT!

My '07 came with an oversized Clark tank and I had seen posts where some guys had used those Spal four inch ones on them,but they are to thick to work with this bigger tank.

Last week I installed another four inch slim waterproofed muffin fan on it, It is only one inch thick and does not run with near the speed/power of the one on the '03 so am just hoping it will pull enough air to do the job. I think it will but will see once it really gets hot out.

• NewfieThumper

Posted April 22, 2015 - 02:23 AM

email sent

• V-MAN

Posted May 06, 2015 - 05:55 AM

I just sent in a request also ... website still not showing anything avail.  Anybody have any updates from TT?

• JVP

Posted May 06, 2015 - 07:56 AM

The older WR models don't need a fan.  Waste of money.  They have a cool running motor and are not susceptible to engine temps like the FI models.   Besides that, I wouldn't buy any Trail Tech crap anyway. 

• Dbake76

Posted May 06, 2015 - 04:33 PM

I just sent my email asking about a fan kit. I ride a 2004 WR450. Will see what type of response I get.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • V-MAN

Posted May 07, 2015 - 05:12 AM

The older WR models don't need a fan.  Waste of money.  They have a cool running motor and are not susceptible to engine temps like the FI models.   Besides that, I wouldn't buy any Trail Tech crap anyway. 

I've used many Trail Tech products over the years and never had any issues that could not be fixed.  Trail Tech has some of the best customer support also ... plenty of  companies should/could take a page from their book!  Just my opinion, usual disclaimers apply yada yada ...

• NewfieThumper

Posted May 13, 2015 - 04:37 PM

Just got an email back today from trail tech....they now have a kit for the wr450f....they sent me a pic of the install and are now taking pre-orders.

• NewfieThumper

Posted May 14, 2015 - 02:11 AM

WR450_Fankit_Proto.jpg

• huero

Posted May 15, 2015 - 07:47 AM

That looks pretty trick. There are a couple of us that have already told them yes. They said they would call with ordering info.

• vlxjim

Posted May 15, 2015 - 08:00 AM

The LCD / CPU looks like its not mounted in the best place, with the header so close.

• NewfieThumper

Posted May 16, 2015 - 05:36 AM

I have the moose rad guards so it's not going to work on mine....I think I'm going with the universal fan kit instead.

• green flash

Posted May 19, 2015 - 09:31 PM

I just got done installing a home made 2 fan kit on my 07. It works great. No more boiling for me. I take her into the tightest of woods. Before the fans, I would always turn the bike off every chance I got. Now, I leave her running as long as I want! And the best part is, it's really quiet when the fans are on. Compared to the single fan KTMs. Never boiled over again.

• RockerYZWR

Posted May 20, 2015 - 04:57 AM

Picture?
And what type of fans did you use?

• Luv2brap-downunder

Posted May 24, 2015 - 12:35 AM

Hey guys I'm installing my trail tech vapor, I don't really have the patience to mess around with the tacho wire and how many times to wrap it around the spark plug wire, while your hear, any tips or things I should know?

Cheers guys

• Chaconne

Posted December 05, 2015 - 07:00 AM

I am giving the trail tech cooling fan a thumb's down for 2014 wr450s. The installation design & procedure is not good due to the fit between the frame, inner radiator bolt and the fan bracket. The bracket on the fan is the problem but also access to the inner bolt after installation is not good either and this is easily observered by the red marked line in the install instructions regarding 2.5 turns of the bolt.

A better design would have used a similar bracket, but allowed the fan to be "slip in" installed into the bracket after the bracket is installed seperately(and after the inner radiator bolt is tightened properly!!) with easy to access bracket to the fan fasteners. The fan itself is fastened to the bracket but the fan to bracket fasteners are as inaccesible as the inner radiator bolt once installed.

Edited by Chaconne, December 05, 2015 - 07:20 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.