What's the Rev limit on a FI WR450?

4 replies to this topic
  • iggs

Posted March 01, 2015 - 05:49 AM

Been searching everywhere for this and can't find the answer. Wanting to know so I can set up my new voyagers tach properly

Does anyone know what the rev limit is for a fuel injected WR450?

I assume it's controlled by the ecu

Ian

• stevethe

Posted March 01, 2015 - 09:14 AM

I don't think I would rev it to the rev limiter. The max rev where it produces power is one thing and the limiter cuts the spark pretty high so no damage occurs.

So maybe 8,5 to 9k max on the power band. Much higher on the rev limiter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toten

Posted March 01, 2015 - 09:37 AM

I imagine it's very high. On the carb'd bikes I've found varying answers, either 11500 or 12000. I wouldn't take it up there very often. 

• iggs

Posted March 01, 2015 - 09:58 AM

Just looking at the data from the voyager and i can see a maximum peak reading of 10420 so I'm thinking 11K is the likely limit

Be nice to confirm it though

Set the tachbar on the voyager to read up to 12K

• patrick2wd

Posted March 02, 2015 - 03:31 AM

when you hear a big bang.... you've gone too far!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.