Air cut vavle

11 replies to this topic
  • WilfulLemar20

Posted February 28, 2015 - 10:31 AM

I have a 04 yz450f and don't know much about it I am working on cleaning the carb and found that my air cut vavle is not there should there be one on this carb?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1425148309467.jpg

• x_JT_x

Posted February 28, 2015 - 11:26 AM

No, it does not come on that year yz450f. It comes on that year WR, however.

• grayracer513

Posted February 28, 2015 - 12:01 PM

Air cut valves were never used on any YZF.  They're a WR thing only.  Good riddance.

• WilfulLemar20

Posted February 28, 2015 - 01:33 PM

Oh I am so glad to here that did not want to have to buy all that and does anyone know anything about the boysen "quickstart" from what I understand it replaces your stock hot start? Others have called it a compression release but mine goes to my carb? So not completely sure what it's for

Attached Thumbnails

• 1425159211401.jpg

• x_JT_x

Posted February 28, 2015 - 05:53 PM

Oh I am so glad to here that did not want to have to buy all that and does anyone know anything about the boysen "quickstart" from what I understand it replaces your stock hot start? Others have called it a compression release but mine goes to my carb? So not completely sure what it's for

Whoever says that's a compression release, should not be taken seriously for any mechanical advice. What you took a picture of is the hot start. It should feed down to a spot right above where the choke goes. There will be a plastic thing that looks like a nut, that the cable goes into.

• WilfulLemar20

Posted February 28, 2015 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the advice x_JT_x that's what I thought do you need to have this in functioning condition as mine is seized in the

Attached Thumbnails

• 1425175268319.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x_JT_x

Posted February 28, 2015 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for the advice x_JT_x that's what I thought do you need to have this in functioning condition as mine is seized in the

That's where the hot start goes to. It's really not going to harm anything sitting like that, but the day you need it you will regret the 20 bucks saved from not fixing it. It's not that hard to take it out.

It's a very common thing to happen. It would not take you long to fix it.

• WilfulLemar20

Posted February 28, 2015 - 08:01 PM

I just have to wait for more funds till I fix it just have been working on getting it running shimmed the vavles and got it to start but acted like it would be starved of fuel I turned out the air fuel screw to 3 turns and it would run and Rev but had a bog and shooting flames out the pipe

• grayracer513

Posted February 28, 2015 - 08:34 PM

It's a Boyenson "Quick Shot", not quick start, and it replaces the stock accelerator pump cover.  It's rarely necessary.

All YZ400/426F models had a manual compression release in pretty much the same place as the stock hot start lever on YZ450's is, thus the confusion for some people.  All YZ450's were produced with automatic decompression, so the hot start control was moved from the side of the carb to the more convenient handlebar location.

• WilfulLemar20

Posted February 28, 2015 - 09:16 PM

This is what I am asking about

Attached Thumbnails

• 1425186977555.jpg
  • 1425186994640.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted March 01, 2015 - 08:36 AM

Well, that appears to be an accelerator pump cover with a cable attached.  No idea on that, but I would bet that it's an overall waste of money. 

• WilfulLemar20

Posted March 01, 2015 - 10:00 AM

That's what I thought to but if it would have replaced my hot start I was all for it lol

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.