Coolant leak

23 replies to this topic
  • ThumpMe

Posted March 04, 2015 - 07:08 AM

I would check out Rocky Mountain ATV....they have GREAT prices and more parts in stock than most dealers. I usually get stuff from them in just a couple days too...about FIVE days faster than my loco dealers and probably about 20% better prices!

• toten

Posted March 04, 2015 - 07:24 AM

Yep, I ordered a ton of oil from them not long ago. I doubt they'll have what I need, though, seeing as dirtbikes/ATVs tend to use integrated reservoirs. Brake fluid will seep through fuel line in some cases too, so I can't just use clear fuel line. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumpMe

Posted March 04, 2015 - 10:52 PM

Might have to go to an industrial supply company or possibly a local maker of high pressure hydraulic hose lines would have something that would work. Nice thing about getting it locally is you get it NOW, with no wait!

• bobpara

Posted March 05, 2015 - 12:34 PM

Get one of those pump-up radiator cap testers and pressurize the system or just the rad itself if you have already removed it. This will allow you to precisely locate the leak.

As far as reppairiing, thats no old-school brass/copper radiator. It made from thin aluminum

A very skilled TIG welder is needed, and its only a maybe at that

I'd just go with a new part for $100 or so

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.