08 estart problem

2 replies to this topic
  • elnino32

Posted February 26, 2015 - 12:04 PM

I'm confused, bike starts first kick no matter if it's cold or hot, but went I hit the button it just cranks without firing. It's got a new battery that turns nice and fast. I can't figure out what could be different when using the button. Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thommo_400f

Posted February 26, 2015 - 12:49 PM

E-Start will never crank as fast as a good kick. Just means your pilot/fuel screw jetting is probably ever so slightly off.

Test by cracking throttle open 1/4 and holding it while you press starter to let a bit more air through.

Then test by turning throttle 3-4 times then pressing starter to pump extra fuel in.

If either helps then you can adjust jetting to suit either add more fuel or lean it out.

I had a similar issue when dialing in my jettting.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 26, 2015 - 01:41 PM

^^^ ditto

fuel screw set properly

hot start maintained and not leaking or stuck

new plug with under 1mm gap

FRESH NEW  pilot jet

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.