Leaks

3 replies to this topic
  • Snrub0800

Posted February 22, 2015 - 11:04 PM

I've been doing some of enduro type riding. Nothing too serious, just small hills and woods. A friend laid it down while sitting on it(engine off) and while it was down it was leakin gas(out of the drain tubes). It was only down for 15-30 seconds. Is this normal?

• hedonist222

Posted February 23, 2015 - 06:24 AM

If I fall off my bike while ascending/descending a particularly steep dune, fuel will leak out of the tank vent hose.
I I've lost approx 3 liters because I'd fallen off & decided to rest a bit before the grueling task of lifting the on a steep incline.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 23, 2015 - 06:57 AM

I've been doing some of enduro type riding. Nothing too serious, just small hills and woods. A friend laid it down while sitting on it(engine off) and while it was down it was leakin gas(out of the drain tubes). It was only down for 15-30 seconds. Is this normal?

Yes

The overflow in the carb prevents flooding of the engine

• grayracer513

Posted February 23, 2015 - 09:11 AM

It's supposed to, but you'll end up with a flood condition at least half the time, anyway. 

The carb float only works within 45-60 degrees of upright unless the bike is leaned over and cornering in a balanced manner.  It can't work with the bike on its side, so fuel runs out the vent lines.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.