Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?

WARider525

Not to change topic but how does you FJ pull that trailer? I have an identical FJ. Friend if mine had one and said he didnt like longer trailers like yours because he felt like the FJ was all over the road because its overall shortness.

It pulls it really well. I did a little experimenting with the height of my hitch. I don't know if you can see it or not but I run a 3" drop on it to keep the trailer as level as possible. I tried a 2" and it was a little more squirrely. Also I try to keep the tong weight fairly light. With my two bikes in there it towns pretty good. But with one bike in the front and my GF's quad in the back it pulls really nice. Probably because most of the weight is sitting over the axle of the trailer. One thing I've noticed about the FJ is that it does not fit in the truck ruts that form in the highways very well. So when the trailer is on and I'm on a highway where those truck ruts are pretty bad it makes the FJ wander around a little more.

I love having the enclosed trailer though. It is really nice to be able to just throw the locks on it and forget about it if you get home late, or wanna stay in a hotel for he night. I have a little heater for those cold ass morning when I'm changing into my gear. Or if the weather goes to hell on you and you need to wait it out. Best 2k I ever spent! I wouldn't do it any other way.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?
  • NoFiddyPilot pinned this topic