Re-wire Tusk switch to bikes main on/off button

4 replies to this topic
  • jentzschman

Posted February 21, 2015 - 07:25 PM

I have a 07 WR450 with the tusk lighting kit. I want to re wire the tusk on/off switch to the bikes main button. Reason being is I want to eliminate the need for the tusk switch and simply power everything using the bikes main on/off button.

I do not mind doing wiring, but as far as figuring out the best way to re wire it, that has me a little stumped. 

Any thoughts?

• jentzschman

Posted February 24, 2015 - 08:19 AM

No thoughts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ride-n-Hard

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:28 PM

On my '12 write I installed the tusk dual sport wiring harness with the tusk light / blinker switch. I left the wire harness disconnected at the rear (battery). Then I picked up power at the main power button. This let's me turn on all the lights / blinkers when I activate the push button main power switch. Works well for me.

On my wife's 04 crew I did the same but connected the hardness at the battery as well as the key switch. Again works well for m.

• Derwud

Posted March 06, 2015 - 12:48 PM

Doing the same with my 07 WR250F, wish I would done the same with my 07 WR450F.

I am going to use a Relay and power the headlight from that as well. I can see it in my head, but have to be next to the bike to give you colors and location.

• Derwud

Posted March 12, 2015 - 02:44 PM

When looking at the connector to the switch, There are 2 red wires, a brown wire and a black wire. The larger red wire is battery in and the brown is switch out. I wired the Tusk battery feed to the larger red wire and the switch out wire to the brown wire.. I also wire the headlight wire to the brown switch out wire.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.