Last chain question I swear (x-ring)

6 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted February 08, 2002 - 04:07 PM

I give up, I'm getting sprockets at the local shop so I can ride next weekend. I've convinced myself to try an x-ring chain this time around, problem is the local shop has several models from $80 to $140 and I have no idea what the difference is aside from tense strength and brand. The $80 is an EK (or RK?) and the $140 is a DID. Which brand/model x-ring do you all recommend as the longest lasting?

Thanks!

• DPW

Posted February 08, 2002 - 04:26 PM

DID X-ring for $140, are they going to take you to dinner too, just kidding ? I bought one from MXSouth for right around $100, but it looks like Rocky Mountain has them for even cheaper. Check it it out Rocky Mountain

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: DPW ]

• F-Pilot

Posted February 08, 2002 - 05:08 PM

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: F-Pilot ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • F-Pilot

Posted February 08, 2002 - 05:09 PM

http://www.rockymoun...?SID=0000790825

Stick with DID or RK.

• sirthumpalot

Posted February 08, 2002 - 05:36 PM

Thanks. I checked the DID website and they actually have many x-ring models and I can't tell which one is for sale at RockyMountain. $140 was the 520ERV2. After looking I think I'm interested in the 520VM. Very neat info about chains on the site:

DID offroad chains

DID chain specs

I'm still very interested in feedback.

Thanks!!

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: sirthumpalot ]

• crazyadam

Posted February 08, 2002 - 05:58 PM

Confusing stuff... I know I have the DID Gold X-ring (ERV2 is Gold-- I'm almost sure!) and hard coated. that has tacken the abuse much better than any of the others that I've tried. MX south was great! less than a week. I think it was around $160 with Renthal sprockets..

• DPW

Posted February 08, 2002 - 06:01 PM

I have the 520VM, and so far I've been very pleased with it. The only time I've had to adjust the chain is when I remove the rear tire.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.