Can someone confirm fitment of bigbore components

23 replies to this topic
  • AUSmoker

Posted March 12, 2015 - 08:12 AM

Cheers

• AUSmoker

Posted March 27, 2015 - 07:02 AM

Well this thing keeps on going..

Now I have ordered valves and valve springs, need 3rd and 5th on input and output, plus the middle shift fork.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AUSmoker

Posted April 02, 2015 - 06:27 AM

I am really considering swapping my standard piston to hc. Our fuel should be fine and i love down low power (opposite of my 2st).

I think its my best bet considering how i want the bike to perform. Are there ANY disadvantages of hc. I dont want to halve the top end life or something. Extra fuel cost is fine,and picking my gas station should be fine too.

I know porting may not make it competitive with the newest model, but surely it will help, a fair bit?

Since i may send the piston back i could send the head for port and polish, new seats cut and valves set by a reputable mechanic.

My guy here doesnt know the performance side.

• AUSmoker

Posted April 02, 2015 - 06:32 AM

Also i belive its got stock gearing (14,50) but at 80kmsph it revs pretty high. Id like to commute 110kmph for 30 mins or so.

How ahould i gear it. Ideally i want 3rd gear throttle only wheeliws but if i gear it dor top apeed 2nd gwar would do, really i want 3rd.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.