bolt in crankcase

6 replies to this topic
  • dolan4265

Posted February 18, 2015 - 09:46 PM

soooo my bike dies and has lost spark so i pull off the stator cover to find one of the pickup coil bolts is missing so the coil isnt on straight. problem is i cant find the f#*@ing bolt any ideas without splitting the case?????

• Trailryder42

Posted February 18, 2015 - 10:22 PM

What bike?

Are there any holes in the left case half big enough for the bolt to have made it thru into the center case? I'd go fishing with a telescoping magnet.

Look amongst and behind all the stator armatures to be sure its not hiding.

Be sure its not magnetically stuck to the flywheel.

• dolan4265

Posted February 18, 2015 - 11:02 PM

yea theres holes big enough

gotta wait a couple days to pull the flywheel as i dont have the right tools  :banghead: 

thanks for the reply think i might just start pulling this thing apart should be fun  :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbart250

Posted February 19, 2015 - 04:50 AM

It is probably stuck to the flywheel magnet as it's hollow behind the side you can see. Either that or the po lost/stripped it and just over tightened the other ones to compensate. Those may have loosened over time and now it's off. My bet is on it being stuck inside the flywheel shell

• dolan4265

Posted February 27, 2015 - 11:07 PM

found it a couple days ago was in the centre case  :thumbsup:

• toten

Posted February 27, 2015 - 11:22 PM

Did it do much damage to anything else?

• dolan4265

Posted February 28, 2015 - 04:13 AM

cant see any damage, the engine stopped when the bolt came out so it didnt really get a chance 

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.