Anybody break their rear suspension?

3 replies to this topic
  • Frostbite

Posted February 10, 2004 - 05:03 PM

I didn't quite clear a fast double and my rear link and shock snapped when I came down on the upside of the second bump. I had the shock rebuilt and the tech said it was a common problem with WR's.
unsprung

• Tom14911

Posted February 10, 2004 - 06:51 PM

Funny you mention that. I'm rebuilding mine now. The bolt that connects the "anvil" to the shock snapped. I'm not sure how I did it, probably lack of maintenance. When the bolt head started to back out it started to "scrape down" the inside of the horseshoe. I took the oppurtunity to replace all of my shock, swingarm and linkage bearings.

Tpm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted February 10, 2004 - 10:38 PM

I didn't quite clear a fast double and my rear link and shock snapped when I came down on the upside of the second bump.

How cold was it when it broke?

• Frostbite

Posted February 11, 2004 - 05:27 AM

It was 'summer time' arbout 10C, but I see what you're getting at. The link could have been weakened from taking a beating all winter. I thought it might be something like that but the shock tech told me mine was the 4th one he had to make a new shaft for so far that season. That made me think there might be a defect. I'm guessing the link broke on the first landing and if I hadn't launched off the 2nd part of the double there may not have been as much damage to the shock.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.