2012 WR450 and GYTR power tuners question

4 replies to this topic
  • GNTY

Posted February 18, 2015 - 02:11 PM

I've got a 2012 WR450 and am trying to read the engine hours with the GYTR power tuner. Does anyone know if you have to have the competition ECU for the programmer to work? I've done a bunch of searching and seems as though i'm doing everything right. Plug tuner in, turn bike on but not running, tuner powers up automatically but when i go to check monitor the tuner says it cannot connect to ECU.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks 

Edited by GNTY, February 18, 2015 - 02:12 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 18, 2015 - 03:50 PM

The stock ECU is locked out

Can't do it.

Your odometer has acumulated hours on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GNTY

Posted February 19, 2015 - 11:20 AM

The stock ECU is locked out

Can't do it.

Your odometer has acumulated hours on it.

Thanks for the reply, thats kinda what I figured. So even if i get the Comp ECU and install that, it probably won't have the total engine run hours on it since new as its a new ECU?

The odometer on the bike has that clock/timer but if i'm correct its resettable? I looked at it this morning and it read 9 hours and im positive the bike has more hours than that on it.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 19, 2015 - 11:52 AM

Well, I looked it up in the manual, and there is no hour meter

You will have to install your own.

• GNTY

Posted February 19, 2015 - 12:26 PM

Well, I looked it up in the manual, and there is no hour meter

You will have to install your own.

Ya no hour meter in the bikes display, but the beauty of the Power Tuner is that in the Engine monitor function that you can check the engine running time (hour meter) "total time the engine has been running since it was last reset". So if its never been reset it would have the total hours for the bike since new.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.