Fork/shock options

1 reply to this topic
  • toten

Posted February 17, 2015 - 08:29 AM

I have a 2003 WR450F that's been set up for supermoto. I believe the forks have been resprung and revalved, the rear shock has been revalved and shortened as well. 

I'd like to keep it a supermoto most of the time, but every now and then I would like to ride dirt. I suspect supermoto suspension won't work too well for trails, so I'd like to pick up a set of forks and a shock for when I ride dirt - I know forks are easy enough to swap, I don't imagine a shock is too horrible either. 

What all is compatible, and is there a specific setup I should look for? I'd prefer not having to swap triple clamps, instead I'd rather just drop the forks. I'm guessing that any WR or YZ 400 and 426 forks/shock will work, and then any steel framed 450, but I could be wrong. I'm around 180lb + gear, and would prefer not respringing if I don't have to. 

Thanks for any advice. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted February 17, 2015 - 11:17 AM

I think it is a bit of a hassle to change the rear shock. You should just try what you have and see if it's okay in the dirt.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.