Can I run a wr 400 stator and flywheel on a yz engine

2 replies to this topic
  • KPhillips400

Posted February 16, 2015 - 09:22 AM

So my big end bearing seized on my wr 400 and the cranks not worth saving but I've found a complete yz 400 engine for nearly the same as if pay for a new crank but what I need to l know is would a yz engine bolt straight in only having to fit the wr flywheel and stator and would I be loosing or gaining power from convert it too yz somebody help?!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 17, 2015 - 08:32 AM

somebody help?!

Somebody throw in a little punctuation once in a while.  Makes the read easier.

IF the YZ engine is a 400 or a 426, then the stator and flywheel will fit, and the engine will bolt directly in.  If it's an '02, you may have to swap the steel inserts at the rear of the engine with the ones from the 400 so the swing arm pivot will fit. 

Be aware that the YZ will also have a close ratio gear box, so low gear will be a little higher and high gear a little lower.

• KPhillips400

Posted February 21, 2015 - 11:43 AM

Thanks ever so much for your help. I just needed to check before I done it. thanks!

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.