Plastic conversion/ restyle

6 replies to this topic
  • SkylerT

Posted February 16, 2015 - 07:24 AM

I was wondering if there was a way to get the new style plastics on my 2005 yz450f. I'm not a huge fan on how it looks and would love to find a way to make it work. Has anyone did this before or is it not possible?

Or does anyone know of a restyle kit for the 4 strokes? I know they make one for the 125-250 2 strokes but can't find one for my bike

Could I buy 2015 front and rear fenders and use washers and drilling to fit those? What about the steel and aluminum frame difference for shroud plastics.

Posted in the specific bike form but no response so I figured I would try the general discussion. Looking to start buying today.

• gimped up

Posted February 16, 2015 - 08:08 AM

My best advice.

Problem solved.

• Monk

Posted February 16, 2015 - 08:12 AM

I really liked this guys thread. He searched around, couldn't find what he needed and just went ahead and did it himself.... Many can learn from this guy...

http://www.thumperta.../#entry12209871

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SkylerT

Posted February 16, 2015 - 08:56 AM

I really liked this guys thread. He searched around, couldn't find what he needed and just went ahead and did it himself.... Many can learn from this guy...

http://www.thumperta.../#entry12209871

Thanks

• jperson80

Posted July 01, 2016 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for posting as I have been having the same problem. I turned an 08 yz450f into a supermoto. I want to update the plastics to 2014. I have looked everywhere and nobody has answered the question. Luckily I have 2014 yz250f that I use in the woods. So I'm going to try and swap the sub frame, air box, boot, gas tank and seat to see how it can be done. I'm sure I will have to tap a few holes in places but I'm sure it can be done with a little ingenuity. I will make a new post and will provide step by step instructions. I'm thinking about going into the plastics business and just create restyled versions for all bikes once I figure out how it's possible.

• grayracer513

Posted July 05, 2016 - 06:42 AM

Fairly certain you will find nothing forward of the shock fits, or even comes close.  The EFI bikes fit the airbox between the two frame spars.  On the front half of the '06-'09, the frame is a single tube.

• Sheriff245

Posted July 05, 2016 - 07:23 AM

Thanks for posting as I have been having the same problem. I turned an 08 yz450f into a supermoto. I want to update the plastics to 2014. I have looked everywhere and nobody has answered the question. Luckily I have 2014 yz250f that I use in the woods. So I'm going to try and swap the sub frame, air box, boot, gas tank and seat to see how it can be done. I'm sure I will have to tap a few holes in places but I'm sure it can be done with a little ingenuity. I will make a new post and will provide step by step instructions. I'm thinking about going into the plastics business and just create restyled versions for all bikes once I figure out how it's possible.

The airbox and fuel tank are not in the same location. You won't be able to fit them on your 08 as the cylinder of the 2014 faces the opposite side.

Edited by Sheriff245, July 05, 2016 - 07:24 AM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.